PS-2100 - Ultrasonic Leak Detector
Digital Dual Leak detector and Condition Monitor for external and internal leaks. Available output cable can download high to low frequency converted signal to vibration and spectrum analyzers. Capable of detecting air leaks, defective valves, bearings, steam traps and low frequency noises without having to switch expensive sensor modules.
The PS-2100 has multiple detection frequency bands for isolating different problems.
Valued one third of the cost of a 1/4” hole at 90 PSI leaking compressed air for 7000 hours.
Best for: Industrial HVAC-R, Institutional Maintenance, Compressed Air Leak Detection, Steam Trap Maintenance, Arcing & Corona, Low Speed Rolling Element Diagnostics, Bearing Diagnostics, Lubrication Condition or Diagnostics
Base Unit ultrasonic leak detector technical details:
- Multi-patented Digital Ultrasonic Inspection System.
- Contains integrated dual sensors for airborne leaks and structure borne sounds from internal leaks.
- Dual displays. 20 element bar graph with peak-hold and separate Alphanumeric Digital display for instrument settings and output levels.
- Independent sensitivity and volume controls allowing AudioZoom™. "On-the-fly" change of sensitivity.
- User can toggle from Airborne to Structure Borne sensors in four button clicks without having to reset any previous selections.
- Airborne input frequency range 36kHz to 42kHz audio output 0Hz to 4kHz, structure borne frequency range 16kHz to 24kHz, PbS:0 to 10kHz.
- Capable of detecting a 5 psi leak out of a .005" (five thousands of an inch (5/1000)) hole, 30 to 40 feet away depending on background noise.
- Capable of detecting any gas that generates ultrasonic sound during flow including vacuum leaks.
The PS-2100 Ultrasonic leak detector kit includes:
- Base Unit
- 6" Touch Probe
- 6" Wave Guide
- Segmented Extension Touch Probe (Touch Probe-Sectional)
- Noise Attenuating Headset (behind the head)
- Large Carrying Case
|SoundBurster II Specifications|
|Dimensions: (LWD)||4.15” (10.5cm) X 2.4" (61mm) X .875" (22.22mm)|
|Overall Length:||5.5” (14cm)|
|Body Materials:||ABS / Aluminum|
|Body Finish:||Black ABS / Black Anodized Aluminum|
|Top Label:||Velvet Lexan, Back Printed|
|Camera Mounting Hole||1/4-20 UNC|
|Weight:||0.3lb (138gr) Includes Battery|
|Ultrasonic||11.25 Pa @ 30cm|
|Output Sound Pressure||40kHz, Light Indicator-Red Steady|
|Frequency Output 1, CW||40kHz Symmetrical Square,
250ms ON / 250ms OFF,Indicator-Red Flashing
|Frequency Output 2, Burst||38 kHz to 42 kHz, Linear Sweep, Indicator-Green Steady|
|Frequency Output 3, Sweep||38 kHz to 42 kHz, Linear Sweep, Indicator-Green Steady|
|Frequency Output 4, Chirp||Bursts of 38-42kHz Linear Sweeps, Indicator-Green Flashing|
|Sonic||Replica of Ultrasonic Mode in Audio|
|Sonic Mode||Selectable ON/OFF|
|ON Indicator - Battery Good||Green LED|
|Low Battery Indicator||Flashing Red LED|
|Battery Type:||9 Volt alkaline or rechargeable battery|
|Run Time:||70-90 hrs|