PS-i Ultrasonic Leak Detector
The PS-i is the world's first pocket size Full-Heterodyne Ultrasonic Leak Detector. The PS-i is capable of finding pressure and vacuum leaks in HVAC and compressed air systems, without being affected by wind or leaked refrigerants in confined spaces.The PS-i can test a TXV (Thermal Expansion Valve) in minutes instead of hours.
Best for: HVAC, Refrigeration, Pneumatics, Vacuum, Automotive, Marine and Aircraft Leak Detection
- Ultrasonic Leak Detector using Patented Heterodyne Translator.
- Visual Output: 10 element bar graph.
- Controls: Push Button ON/OFF (Momentary)
- Sensitivity Control: Infinitely variable slide allowing "On-the-fly" change of sensitivity.
- Audio output: 0 Hz to 6 kHz
- Capable of detecting a 5 psi leak out of a .005" (5/1000 inch) hole, 20 to 30 feet away depending on background noise.
- Capable of detecting any gas that generates ultrasonic sound during flow including vacuum leaks.
- Capable of detecting leaks equivalent to 3-4 oz./yr. Is not affected by wind or high concentrations of leaked gasses refrigerants.
The PS-i Ultrasonic leak detector kit includes:
- PS-i Leak Detector
- Patented Resonator Touch Probe
- Hi-Fi Folding Headset with volume control
- Wave Guide
- Small Carrying Case with front & back high visibility labels. (Hard plastic shell, foam padded, compartmentalized and lockable)
- 9 Volt Battery
- Quick Start Guide, User Manual: PDF. (Quick user instructions are printed on the rear label of the instrument)
Other Details6 months parts and labor
Applications Leak Detection for HVAC/R, Pneumatics, Vacuum