The PS-i-Hybrid is a new and revolutionary version of our PS-i a legendary instrument used by thousands of HVAC/R and automotive technicians around the globe.
The PS-i Hybrid is an advanced Ultrasonic Leak Detector using a new type of sound translator offering high sensitivity, selectivity and ease of use. It features together with the Peak Hold mode a patented Rolling Display mode which frees the user from having to change the sensitivity as the leak is approached from distance.
Instead of the display saturating and having the operator reduce the sensitivity as the intensity is increased the display adds elements and keeps on rolling until it fills up completely, then a beep in the headset informs the operator that the detection range is exceeded.
Best for: HVAC/R, Pneumatics, Truck and Trailer Brakes, Train Brakes, Refer Leak Detection, Bulk Ship Hatch Leak Detection, Cabins & Tanks (with the SB or SB-II)
The PS-i-Hybrid is designed, patented and made in the USA
- Sensor: High sensitivity sensor in a threaded horn.
- Threaded Horn accepts a Nose Cone which narrows the field of view and supports wave guide tubes for accessing difficult to reach points.
- Threaded Horn accepts the Patented Resonator Touch Probe (RT-Probe) for valve leak detection & internal machine noise troubleshooting.
- Ultrasound Converter: Digital Hybrid.
- Display: Ten (10) element bar graph with selectable peak-hold, Rolling Display, and over range audible notification.
- Sensitivity Control: Infinitely variable slide allowing "On-the-fly" change of sensitivity.
- Controls: Push Button (Serves as ON/OFF, Peak Hold, Rolling Display selector).
- Low Battery indicator: Flashes 1,5,10 LEDs and beeps in the headset
- Good Battery acceptance: LED roll and headset beep.
- Audio output: 0 Hz to 6 kHz.
- OTH Heavy Duty Headset.
- Rugged carrying case with fluorescent yellow labels easily seen in job sites. Compartmentalized foam has space for accessories including one SB or SB-II.
The PS-i-Hybrid Ultrasonic Leak Detector is capable of:
- Detecting a 5 PSI (0.345 Bar) pressure leak out of a 5 mil (0.127 mm) hole, 30 to 40 feet (9 m to 12 m) away depending on background noise.
- Detecting any gas that generates ultrasonic sound during flow.
- Detecting vacuum leaks (Ultrasonics are the only Non-Invasive Detector for gross vacuum leaks).
- Detecting the advanced ultrasonic modes of SB-II for complex Static Leak Detection.
The PS-i-Hybrid - Ultrasonic Leak Detector Kit Includes:
- The PS-i-Hybrid Leak Detector
- OTH Noise Attenuating Headset with volume control (OTH: Over-The-Head, Optional BTH: Behind the Head to be worn with a hard hat)
- Large Carrying Case with front & back high visibility labels. (Hard plastic shell, foam padded, compartmentalized and lockable)
- Wave Guide
- Patented Resonator Touch Probe (RT-Probe)
- Probe-Wave Guide Accessories Tube
- 9 Volt Battery
- Quick Start Guide, User Manual: PDF. (Quick user instructions are printed on the rear label of the instrument)