PS-i Hybrid - Ultrasonic Leak Detector
The PS-i-Hybrid is a new and revolutionary version of our PS-ign a legendary instrument used by thousands of HVAC/R and automotive technicians around the globe.
The PS-i Hybrid is an advanced Ultrasonic Leak Detector using a new type of sound translator offering high sensitivity, selectivity and ease of use. It features together with the Peak Hold mode a patented Rolling Display mode which frees the user from having to change the sensitivity as the leak is approached from distance.
Instead of the display saturating and having the operator reduce the sensitivity as the intensity is increased the display adds elements and keeps on rolling until it fill up completely, then a beep in the headset informs the operator that the detection range is exceeded.
Best for: HVAC/R, Pneumatics, Truck and Trailer Brakes Train Brakes Refer Leak Detection
- Sensor: High sensitivity sensor mounted at the end of a vinyl covered metallic flex tubing.
- Ultrasound Converter: Digital Hybrid.
- Display: Ten (10) element bar graph with selectable peak-hold and over range audible notification.
- Sensitivity Control: Infinitely variable slide allowing "On-the-fly" change of sensitivity.
- Controls: Push Button (Serves as ON/OFF, Peak Hold selector).
- Low Battery indicator: Flashes 1,5,10 LEDs and beeps in the headset
- Good Battery acceptance: LED roll and headset beep.
- Audio output: 0Hz to 6kHz
The PS-ign Hybrid Ultrasonic Leak Detector is capable of:
- Detecting a 5PSI (0.345 Bar) pressure leak out of a 5mil (0.127mm) hole, 30 to 40 feet (9m to 12m) away depending on background noise.
- Detecting any gas that generates ultrasonic sound during flow.
- Detecting vacuum leaks.
- Detecting the advanced ultrasonic modes of SB-II for complex Static Leak Detection.
The PS-I Hybrid - Ultrasonic Leak Detector Kit Includes:
- The PS-ign Hybrid Leak Detector
- OTH Noise Attenuating Headset with volume control (OTH: Over-The-Head, Optional BTH: Behind the Head)
- Large Carrying Case with front & back high visibility labels.(Hard plastic shell, foam padded, compartmentalized and lockable)
- Wave Guide
- 9V Battery
- Quick Start Guide-User Manual: on-line.