The PS-i-Hybrid is a new and revolutionary version of our PS-i a legendary instrument used by thousands of HVAC/R and automotive technicians around the globe.
The PS-i Hybrid is an advanced Ultrasonic Leak Detector using a new type of digital sound translator offering high sensitivity, selectivity and ease of use. It features together with the Peak Hold Display Mode an over range signal, a beep in the headset that informs the operator that the detection range is exceeded. The sensor base and housing are anodized aluminum making it resistant to breaking if dropped and very solid when using the Patented Resonator Touch Probe while checking valves and structure borne sounds in moving machinery.
Best for: HVAC/R, Pneumatics, Truck and Trailer Brakes, Train Brakes, Refer Leak Detection, Bulk Ship Hatch Leak Detection, Cabins & Tanks (with the SB or SB-II)
The PS-i-Hybrid is designed, patented and made in the USA
- Sensor: High sensitivity sensor in an anodized aluminun threaded horn.
- Threaded Horn accepts a Nose Cone which narrows the field of view and supports wave guide tubes for accessing difficult to reach points.
- Threaded Horn accepts the Patented Resonator Touch Probe (RT-Probe) for valve leak detection & internal machine noise troubleshooting.
- Ultrasound Converter: Digital Hybrid.
- Display: Ten (10) element bar graph with selectable peak-hold, and over range audible notification.
- Sensitivity Control: Infinitely variable slide allowing "On-the-fly" change of sensitivity.
- Controls: Push Button (Serves as ON/OFF, Peak Hold selector).
- Good Battery acceptance: LED roll and headset beep.
- Audio output: 0 Hz to 6 kHz.
- BTH Heavy Duty Headset with Volume Control.
- Rugged carrying case with fluorescent yellow labels easily seen in job sites. Compartmentalized foam has space for accessories including one SB or SB-II.
The PS-i-Hybrid Ultrasonic Leak Detector is capable of:
- Detecting a 5 PSI (0.345 Bar) pressure leak out of a 5 mil (0.127 mm) hole, 30 to 40 feet (9 m to 12 m) away depending on background noise.
- Detecting any gas that generates ultrasonic sound during flow.
- Detecting vacuum leaks (Ultrasonic is the only Non-Invasive Detector for gross vacuum leaks).
- Detecting the advanced ultrasonic modes of SB-II for complex Static Leak Detection.
The PS-i-Hybrid - Ultrasonic Leak Detector Kit Includes:
- The PS-i-Hybrid Leak Detector
- BTH Noise Attenuating Headset with volume control (BTH: Behind the Head to be worn with a hard hat)
- Large Carrying Case with front & back high visibility labels. (Hard plastic shell, foam padded, compartmentalized and lockable)
- Wave Guide
- Patented Resonator Touch Probe (RT-Probe)
- Probe-Wave Guide Accessories Tube
- 9 Volt Battery
- Quick Start Guide, User Manual: PDF. (Quick user instructions are printed on the rear label of the instrument)