Ultrasonic Leak Detector
The PS-i-HD is a heavy duty version of the PS-i kit. Based on the PS-i, the world's first pocket size Full-Heterodyne Ultrasonic Leak Detector, it is packaged in a large carrying case that incorporates our heavy Duty BTH headset model for users who need to wear a hard hat and help isolate leaks and mechanical sounds from the background. The PS-i-HD is capable of finding pressure and vacuum leaks in HVAC and compressed air systems, without being affected by wind or leaked refrigerants in confined spaces and the noise attenuating headset makes it easier to hear minute leak sounds in noisy or windy environments. The PS-i can test a mechanical or electronic TXV (Thermal Expansion Valve) in minutes instead of hours. The large noise attenuating behind the head headset can be worn with a hard hat and help isolate leaks and mechanical sounds from the background.
Best for: HVAC, Refrigeration, Pneumatics, Vacuum, Automotive, Marine and Aircraft Composite Manufacturing Leak Detection
The PS-i-HD is designed, patented and made in the USA
- Ultrasonic Heterodyne Translator.
- Visual Output: 10 element bar graph.
- Sensitivity Control: Infinitely variable slide allowing "On-the-fly" change of sensitivity.
- Controls: Push Button ON/OFF, Momentary.
- Audio output: 0 Hz to 6 kHz.
- Capable of detecting a 5 psi leak out of a .005" (5/1000 inch) hole, 20 to 30 feet away depending on background noise.
- Capable of detecting any gas that generates ultrasonic sound during flow including vacuum leaks.
- Capable of detecting refrigerant leaks equivalent to 3-4 oz./yr.
- Is not affected by wind or high concentrations of leaked refrigerant gasses.
The PS-i Ultrasonic leak detector kit includes:
- PS-i Leak Detector
- Patented Resonator Touch Probe
- Behind the Head Headset with Volume Control
- Wave Guide
- Large Carrying Case with front & back high visibility labels. (Hard plastic shell, foam padded, compartmentalized and lockable)
- Accessories Tube
- 9 Volt Battery
- Quick Start Guide, User Manual: PDF. (Quick user instructions are printed on the rear label of the instrument)