Ultrasonic Leak Detector
The PS-i-HD is a heavy duty version of the PS-i kit. Based on the PS-i the world's first pocket size Full-Heterodyne Ultrasonic Leak Detector. The PS-i is capable of finding pressure and vacuum leaks in HVAC and compressed air systems, without being affected by wind or leaked refrigerants in confined spaces. The PS-i can test a TXV (Thermal Expansion Valve) in minutes instead of hours. The large noise attenuating behind the head headset can be worn with a hard hat and help isolate leaks and mechanical sounds from the background.
Best for: HVAC, Refrigeration, Pneumatics, Vacuum, Automotive, Marine and Aircraft Leak Detection
- Ultrasonic Leak Detector using Patented Heterodyne Translator.
- Visual Output: 10 element bar graph with logarithmic response.
- Capable of detecting a 5 psi leak out of a .005" (5/1000 inch) hole, 20 to 30 feet away depending on background noise.
- Capable of detecting any gas that generates ultrasonic sound during flow including vacuum leaks.
- Capable of detecting leaks equivalent to 3-4 oz./yr. Is not affected by wind or high concentrations of leaked gasses refrigerants.
The PS-i Ultrasonic leak detector kit includes:
- PS-i Leak Detector
- Patented Resonator Touch Probe
- Behind the Head Headset with Volume Control
- Wave Guide
- Large Carrying Case
- Accessory Tube
- 9V Battery