Ultrasonic Leak Detector
The world's first digital dual leak detector for external and internal leaks.
Valued approximately one half of the cost of a 1/8” hole at 90 PSI leaking compressed air for 7000 hours.
Best for: Industrial HVAC-R, Institutional Maintenance, Compressed Air Leak Detection, Steam Trap Maintenance, Arcing & Corona
Base Unit ultrasonic leak detector technical details:
- Multi-patented Digital Ultrasonic Inspection System.
- Contains integrated dual sensors for airborne leaks and structure borne sounds from internal leaks.
- Dual displays. 20 element bar graph with peak-hold and separate Alphanumeric Digital display for instrument settings and output levels.
- Independent sensitivity and volume controls allowing AudioZoom™. "On-the-fly" change of sensitivity.
- User can toggle from Airborne to Structure Borne sensors in four button clicks without having to reset any previous selections.
- Airborne input frequency range 36kHz to 42kHz audio output 0Hz to 4kHz, structure borne frequency range 16kHz to 24kHz.
- Capable of detecting a 5 psi leak out of a .005" (five thousands of an inch (5/1000)) hole, 30 to 40 feet away depending on background noise.
- Capable of detecting any gas that generates ultrasonic sound during flow including vacuum leaks.
The PS-1100 Ultrasonic leak detector kit includes:
- Base Unit
- 6" Touch Probe
- 6" Wave Guide
- Noise Attenuating Headset (behind the head)
- Large Carrying Case
|SoundBurster II Specifications|
|Dimensions: (LWD)||4.15” (10.5cm) X 2.4" (61mm) X .875" (22.22mm)|
|Overall Length:||5.5” (14cm)|
|Body Materials:||ABS / Aluminum|
|Body Finish:||Black ABS / Black Anodized Aluminum|
|Top Label:||Velvet Lexan, Back Printed|
|Camera Mounting Hole||1/4-20 UNC|
|Weight:||0.3lb (138gr) Includes Battery|
|Ultrasonic||11.25 Pa @ 30cm|
|Output Sound Pressure||40kHz, Light Indicator-Red Steady|
|Frequency Output 1, CW||40kHz Symmetrical Square,
250ms ON / 250ms OFF,Indicator-Red Flashing
|Frequency Output 2, Burst||38 kHz to 42 kHz, Linear Sweep, Indicator-Green Steady|
|Frequency Output 3, Sweep||38 kHz to 42 kHz, Linear Sweep, Indicator-Green Steady|
|Frequency Output 4, Chirp||Bursts of 38-42kHz Linear Sweeps, Indicator-Green Flashing|
|Sonic||Replica of Ultrasonic Mode in Audio|
|Sonic Mode||Selectable ON/OFF|
|ON Indicator - Battery Good||Green LED|
|Low Battery Indicator||Flashing Red LED|
|Battery Type:||9 Volt alkaline or rechargeable battery|
|Run Time:||70-90 hrs|