PSX-GN - Ultrasonic Leak Detector
Dual signal processors. Automatic leak frequency tuning through AFT. Specialized Heterodyne Output. Gooseneck design.
Costs approximately one third of the cost of a 1/4” hole at 90 PSI leaking compressed air for 7000 hours.
Best for: Compressed Air Leak Detection in Noisy Industrial Plants, Any Gas Leak Detection, Vacuum Leak Detection, Air Blower Leak Detection, Arcing & Corona
Base Unit ultrasonic leak detector technical details:
- Multi-patented Digital Ultrasonic Inspection System.
- Dual Processing Signal Blocks, Heterodyne and AFT.
- Totally sealed hard anodized aluminum construction including the sensor, will not be damaged by sprays or splashes.
- "On-the-fly" change of sensitivity-AFT level.
- Frequency Range: Heterodyne: 32kHz to 44kHz AFT: 20kHz to 100kHz.
- Audio Output 0Hz to 6.5kHz. Dedicated output from the Heterodyne block.
- Capable of detecting a 5 psi leak out of a .005" (5/1000 inch) hole, 20 to 30 feet away depending on background noise.
- Capable of detecting any gas that generates ultrasonic sound during flow including vacuum leaks.
- Uses a NiMH rechargeable battery.
The PSX-3000 Ultrasonic leak detector kit includes:
- Base Unit
- 6" Wave Guide
- Noise Attenuating Headset (behind the head)
- Large Carrying Case
|SoundBurster II Specifications|
|Dimensions: (LWD)||4.15” (10.5cm) X 2.4" (61mm) X .875" (22.22mm)|
|Overall Length:||5.5” (14cm)|
|Body Materials:||ABS / Aluminum|
|Body Finish:||Black ABS / Black Anodized Aluminum|
|Top Label:||Velvet Lexan, Back Printed|
|Camera Mounting Hole||1/4-20 UNC|
|Weight:||0.3lb (138gr) Includes Battery|
|Ultrasonic||11.25 Pa @ 30cm|
|Output Sound Pressure||40kHz, Light Indicator-Red Steady|
|Frequency Output 1, CW||40kHz Symmetrical Square,
250ms ON / 250ms OFF,Indicator-Red Flashing
|Frequency Output 2, Burst||38 kHz to 42 kHz, Linear Sweep, Indicator-Green Steady|
|Frequency Output 3, Sweep||38 kHz to 42 kHz, Linear Sweep, Indicator-Green Steady|
|Frequency Output 4, Chirp||Bursts of 38-42kHz Linear Sweeps, Indicator-Green Flashing|
|Sonic||Replica of Ultrasonic Mode in Audio|
|Sonic Mode||Selectable ON/OFF|
|ON Indicator - Battery Good||Green LED|
|Low Battery Indicator||Flashing Red LED|
|Battery Type:||9 Volt alkaline or rechargeable battery|
|Run Time:||70-90 hrs|