PSX-3000 - Ultrasonic Leak Detector
Dual signal processor leak detector. Automatic leak frequency tuning through AFT. Specialized Heterodyne Output. Totally sealed aluminum body.
Valued approximately one third of the cost of a 1/4” hole at 90 PSI leaking compressed air for 7000 hours.
Best for: Institutional Maintenance, Compressed Air Leak Detection in Noisy Industrial Plants, Steam Trap Leak Detection or Maintenance, Bearing Diagnostics, Arcing & Corona
Base Unit ultrasonic leak detector technical details:
- Multi-patented Digital Ultrasonic Inspection System.
- Dual Processing Signal Blocks, Heterodyne and AFT.
- Totally sealed hard anodized aluminum construction including the sensor, will not be damaged by sprays or splashes.
- "On-the-fly" change of sensitivity-AFT level.
- Frequency Range: Heterodyne: 32kHz to 44kHz AFT: 20kHz to 100kHz.
- Audio Output 0Hz to 6.5kHz. Dedicated output from the Heterodyne block.
- Capable of detecting a 5 psi leak out of a .005" (5/1000 inch) hole, 20 to 30 feet away depending on background noise.
- Capable of detecting any gas that generates ultrasonic sound during flow including vacuum leaks.
- Uses a NiMH rechargeable battery.
The PSX-3000 Ultrasonic leak detector kit includes:
- Base Unit
- 6" Wave Guide
- Noise Attenuating Headset (behind the head)
- Large Carrying Case
Applications Best for: Institutional Maintenance, Compressed Air Leak Detection in Noisy Industrial Plants, Steam Trap Leak Detection or Maintenance, Bearing Diagnostics, Arcing & Corona